Sunday 25 August 2013

Day 87 - So confused, losing faith?

So its day 87 into my 365 day health and fitness journey and I have to admit that at this point in time I am feeling super confused and questioning my decision to sign up for the lean and strong program. Not because I dont like the food or the exercise (confession - ive actually done eff all of the exercise), but because I'm losing faith in the 'rightness' of the program for me.

The more research I do, and the more people I speak to is making me question whether eating 100 calories over my BMR and training 6x per week is actually the best thing to get me to my goals. I know right - little me questioning the allmighty Michelle Bridges? What do I know? Well i know that I'm hungry on 1500 cals a day - not the demon bitch I was on 1200, but still hungry - and proper hungry. This program is actually the only one to recommend training so often (most programs recommend abt 4 sessions per week) and eating so little to gain muscle. So I've kinda been doing my own thing, eating atm abt 1700 cals and will probably increase once im doing more regular training sessions.

I REALLY struggle to find the time in my day to fit exercise in - Even with a Sunday cookup. I am out of the house 11 hours a day for work and with everything else that comes with running a household, having any sort of outside interests or seeing family & friends I'm finding it so fucking hard. Cutting down my calories was easy enough as it only required a few hours food prep on a Sunday - but finding an extra 6 or so hours a week for training and managing to get 8 hours sleep seems near on impossible... am i just whinging? So I am thinking I follow the advice of just about everyone else and aim for 4 sessions a week. So basically I've just wasted $200 as everything but the recipes I'm really not using.

Man this post is turning into such a negative rant...

Definitely need to find my faith again... might have a chat to my pt tonight and see what he reckons...

Any advice would be much appreciated, has anyone else been in such a funk and dared go against the program in such a way?

Boo :(

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment