Tuesday 13 August 2013

Day 74 - Here we go... Come at me Lean & Strong!!!

Hellooooo :)

So today was day 2 of the Lean & Strong 12wbt - and my first day of L & S training (I had a session with my PT yesterday). I should have known what I was in for when the name of the routine is HARD AND HEAVY! OMG!!! So already being sore from PT and a day of hardcore gardening on Sunday I have to admit I went fairly lightly tonight. I will build up the weights but I do want to ease into it a little more - plus Im doing the Western Mud Rush on Saturday which I'd really like not to be too sore for.

One of my goals is to get on here and confess / blow my own trumpet more often... I find that being accountable really helps - even if noone reads it, its like admitting to yourself that you could have done better when at the time its easier to close your mind and ignore the fact that your eating the rest of a box of lindt chocolates sitting at the back of the fridge cos you were 'saving' them to eat one at a time. Yep that was me last night... wierd thing is , if i knew i was coming on here to list everything I hate and process my thoughts I probably wouldnt have done it.

I made Super Balls on the weekend (a protein and superfood combo) and they are yum!!! Will have to post the recipe - makes 16 at 90 cals each. Ive been having them every morning when I get up as I dont eat breakfast till around 9 - 9.30.

Ive also been wondering about the 1500 calorie limit - I've been reading a lot of people going over up to 2000 cals... how do you know what your intake should be? On the 1500 plan I've stuck to the 300ish calorie main meals from the weight loss plan and just increased my snack intake as I find im constantly hungry and need to graze throughout the day. If anyone is reading this and has some advice please let me know!!!

Also I now own a Fitbit flex - still figuring it all out but i love it so far!

So now the time for accountability...

Food...

Breakfast: Protein Ball & Banana Bruschetta

Morning Snack: Coffee

Lunch: Leftover Sticky BBQ Beef

Arvo Snack: Fresh pineapple & strawberries, weight watchers ginger kiss bar,small yogurt (only ate half - Coles brand Simply Less Greek Yogurt - tasted horrible!!!) Oh and I bought an Easiyo so will post about that when I make it :) and another protein ball as I left my protein shake at work!

Dinner: Wholemeal tuna spaghetti with lemon & cherry tomatoes - this was super yummy!!!!!

Exercise: Day 1 Hard & Heavy - Legs, Chest, Biceps & Abs... owchie!

Off to bed now to recover! Here are some pics of tonight and last night' dinners... and my Super Balls mmmmm....

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I think using your blog for accountability is definitely a great idea!! I try to do that, even if its all online support, everyone reading along and commenting is cheering you on and I find it really helpful!! Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh those balls look great, do you have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) they are pretty yummy! I do have a recipe - ill post it soon

    ReplyDelete