Sunday 2 June 2013

Day 1 - Time to get my shit together!

Yesterday I celebrated my 24th birthday. I am currently completing Michelle Bridges 12wbt and REALLY enjoying it so far - I've lost 2.6kg which is pretty huge for me. But my birthday got me thinking... about time, and milestones, and life in general.

24 years old means its been 6 years since I finished highschool (which only feels like yesterday) and 6 years till I'm 30 (which must only be tomorrow if highschool was yesterday). I've achieved many of my goals in that time - mainly in getting my degree and career on track. But since I left school, as most people do I became more inactive, more busy and put on weight. 2013 didnt exactly get off to the best start... actually it has been a pretty shit start for me and my family.

So I'm giving myself 365 days to get my shit together and reach my health and fitness goals and be the best that I can be - so that I don't get to 30, or wait till I've had kids and say 'I wish I'd done it then...'. A few major things have happened in the last 6 months or so, my boyfriend and I lost our 2 beautiful puppy dogs, and (on a happier note) my best friend gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. HUGE things are happening all around me all the time, and all you can do is make the most of it in that moment as you never know how long you have to enjoy it. And on that note... its time to get my shit together and really go at this thing like I never have before!!!

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment