Thursday 6 June 2013

Day 5 - Call the Waahhbulance!!!

Bleuughh.... I'm SICK!!! I feel like death :(

My alam went off at 10 past 5 to get up for a run, but I could barely lift myself out of bed so snoozed for another 20 mins before making myself a nice steamy bowl of boiling water and eucalyptus to hang my head over for a while.

Chiro after work tonight, helped me a little...

Have been struggling to get an early night the past few days making lunches and snacks takes up so much of my free time at night - note to self, must get more prepared on the weekends!!!

I am so dissapointed to be sick, I wanted to make a real go of it with my training this week. Booo!!! This must be a challenge from the exercise gods...

Breakfast: Banana Quinoa Porridge - I made this with precooked Quinoa from Monday, tasty and warm for a cold morning, this time i was at work so just chucked the lot in the microwave and mmmm :)

My breakfast, lunch and a snack

 

Lunch: Leftover Creamy Wholemeal Pasta Bake - once again, not impressed but edible. Feel so gross I probably couldnt taste it if it was anygood anyway. *cough.. splutter.. cough*

Snacks

  • Lemsip Max
  • 2 Kruskits with Ricotta cheese and tomato
  • Greek Yogurt with Berries

Dinner: Herb Crusted Veal... well, Beef - This was just what I needed when feeling shitty on a winter night - nice and homey, feel good food. I couldnt get veal so used beef instead, I had some calories left over so added a little gravy and a half glass of red wine (yes thats actually measured out to 62.5mls!). Was yummy and filling - probably an even bigger serve of mash than I would normally dish up for myself.

All in all I need an early night, hoping to feel much better tomorrow, might manage a walk tomorrow... or another bowl of steam. Also on a positive note, boy is home tomorrow... yay :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow!! Good on you for sticking to the nutrition plan while you're sick, much better than pulling out the chocolate!! Yeah I found the pasta bake bland too, I thought maybe a dash of curry powder in the sauce might help?? But with so many other great recipes, I might just not make it again... Have a good rest over the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete