Tuesday 4 June 2013

Day 3 - Are you SURE its Wednesday tomorrow?

Ok so I have to admit, I am VERY nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. My birthday this week definitely put a spanner in the diet works. I can SEE that I have put weight on, I look more bloated than last week. Damn you alcohol and birthdays on long weekends!!!

My work surprised me with a lovely bunch of flowers and cheesecake shop birthday cake today... a lovely surprise - a surprise to my calorie planning for the day as well. As I was the birthday girl I couldn't exactly say no, so I had a slice and worked it into my cals as best I could. I don't feel guilty for it either - it was the only birthday cake I had this year (normally somehow i end up with a few) so I allowed myself a piece.

I ended up under my 1200 calories yesterday by 195 - Hopefully that helps... I am NEVER under calories but slept through until 9am so only had one snack for the day (a coffee and 3 x arrowroot biscuits). Hopefully my session tonight will help me rid my poor body of all the toxins I've been shoving in it's face over the last few days.

Breakfast: Breakfast Crumble with Cinnamon Yogurt. This was nice enough, and looked pretty with the fruit puree, yoghurt and muesli in nice layers, enough to fill me up until snack time - but no apple and ricotta raisin toast (my fave 12wbt brekkie so far!!).

Lunch: Beef Fajita with Capsicum and Red Onion: This was divine!!!! Does not at all feel like diet food - though I wasn't able to find a tortilla for 25g and I swapped out the Yogurt for Sour Cream (I used only half as much) as I had some leftover from another recipe so my meal would have been over calories, but it was awesome!!! Sorry I have no pics for breakfast or lunch as I eat them at work so the plastic containers arent as attractive... Will definitely be making this one again - I think the boyfriend and housemate will love it and easy to up the cals for the boys.

According to the plan I was supposed to have leftover grilled lamb, pumpkin and pinenut salad (last nights dinner - omg sooooo good) but this would not be the first time I've mucked up the quantities in the recipe when cooking for one - doh!!!! Luckily I had the ingredients for the Fajita ready to go and could whip that up after dinner last night - phew!!!

Snacks:

  • Warming Rooibos Tea
  • Fresh Pineapple
  • Almonds
  • BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!
  • 2 dried apricots
  • TOTAL - 1303 calories

Dinner: Marinated Chilli Fish with BBQ Corn. Fish and salad essentially... it was enjoyable enough but I probably wouldnt be rushing to make it again... I was not going to be firing up the bbq in a hurry on a winters night so just did it in the grill pan, corn came up nice and charred...


Marinated Chilli Fish with BBQ Corn
Exercise:
Marinated Chilli Fish with BBQ Corn
  • 20 min walk with the dog - didnt wear hrm
  • 12wbt Burning Bridges video - 403 cal
  • TOTAL = 403 Calories

I keep telling myself not to be too disheartened if I see a gain tomorrow morning... fingers crossed I listen. I am loving this program :)

Goodnight, and good luck to any 12wbters who may read this!

Xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment