Monday 10 June 2013

Day 9 - WWMBD (What would Michelle Bridges Do)

Ok so here goes...

I havent posted all weekend so I'll start with Saturday I spose...

SATURDAY

The day started off with breakfast for my best friends birthday - 12wbt Breakfast Burritos, yum!... and 2 glasses of low alcohol, low cal bubbles and it really just went downhill from there... Lunch was 2 Coronas, some twisties, Jatz & Dip and Choc chip biscuits as we visited the inlaws in their newly built house. I was planning on eating lunch at home and visiting later in the day but plans changed and boyfriend wanted to go then and there - no time to make a packed lunch, but I guess I could have thrown a banana or healthy snack in my bag. Dinner was looking up though with the lemon and chilli marinated pork medallions from the plan, and no more alcohol and no more snacks. Wait... I did have ONE evil little TeeVee snack that the boyfriend bought on our late evening shopping trip. Luckily he'd eaten the rest before I could think about a second... Over cals today by about 364 - not huge damage but no real exercise and not clean eating at all.

I completed part of my fitness test today - took 10secs off my running time which I was pretty pleased with considering I'm still sick, its 4 weeks further into Winter and I did my run much earlier in the day when its cooler. Measurements were reduced all round, except for my arms which stayed the same. WINNING!!! After the run I had an earache and a headache - running in the cold when sick is NOT a good idea, postponed the rest of the fitness test...

SUNDAY

Breakfast was the 12wbt Buttermilk pancakes. I made the full 3 serves, giving 2 thirds to the boyfriend and serving myself the other third with banana, berries and yogurt. I love this recipe - sign me up for any diet that let's you have pancakes, meat pies and pizzas!!! Though I guess thats where the whole 'its really a lifestyle change' comes into it - this is real life, and we need a treat now and then. I had planned to have the Chagrilled Brocollini and Salmon salad - BUT!!! Wasnt looking at the time and wasn't hungry as I'd slept in and had a late breakfast. Went out to do the grocery shopping, look at watch - 12pm, oh F#$k Im STAAAARVING!!!! No chance of getting through the shopping, gettting home, putting it away and cooking and sitting down to lunch now... so boyfriend got me a spinach and feta scroll from the bakery - came in at around 330 cals. Not Mish-worthy but within calorie limits. Only snack was around 120 calories in Lindt dark choc. Then we went out for my birthday dinner which consisted of (delicious) chilli mussels and bread (shared) and a very creamy Veal Scallopini and 2 glasses of red wine. Didnt even bother counting cals for this - I had 483 to spare to hopefully I wasnt more than 400 - 500 over.

Didnt get the rest of my fitness test done (abs / pushups / wall sit). I just piked, kept putting it off and before I knew it it was time to go for dinner, prep lunch and snacks and go to bed. Booo - fail on the fitness test front - I WILL get it done. I think I am just worried I wont see an improvement considering my lack of exercise...

So in summary the weekend didnt go to well food or exercise-wise, the whole time I just kept thinking to myself 'What would Michelle do / think / say if she saw me do this / eat that'? How does that lady get inside my head so much from just being on a screen!!! Surely I can't be the only one with Michelle barking orders at me in my head? I hope...

Week 4 Challenge

The challenge for last week was to try something new every day. I didnt quite get there every day but I have tried so many new things in the meal plans so far.

New things last week were...

  • Quinoa porridge
  • Lamb rump
  • A new warming Rooibos tea
  • Cranberry and Pomegranite Herbal Tea
  • Cannellini beans in salad

Other new things tried so far on 12WBT...

  • frozen berries
  • ricotta and cottage cheese
  • cous cous
  • quinoa in salad
  • lamb mince
  • yogurt as dressing / sauce
  • fish in stew

things i know i don't like so have avoided...

  • baked beans
  • artichokes (especailly canned)
  • marinara mix

things i discovered i dont like...

  • tinned olives
  • roasted eggplant
  • not a huge fan of zucchini or raw red onion

Week 5's challenge is to get to bed early every night, I am normally in bed by 9:30 anyway as I'm generally up between 5 and 5:30. Challenge sorted :)

 

Today...

Breakfast: Apple Cous Cous with Cinnamon Yogurt - One of my faves, so filling!

Lunch: Roasted Beetroot, Walnut and Feta Cheese Salad - This was nice, though not a big serve for a salad and way too much prep time for my week day lunches.

Snacks:

  • Coffee
  • Banana
  • Peach Green Tea
  • Weight Watchers Apple Crumble Bar
  • Peppermint Tea

Dinner: Asian Chicken Patties and Noodle Salad

TOTAL = 1206

Exercise: PT Session, forgot to wear hrm.

I watched Michelle's Self Sabotage video last night and realised - woohoo thats not me :) She says its ok if you fail or have a weekend blowout because we're still learning, as long as we start back on the clean eating & exercise it will be ok.

That's JUST what I needed to hear after this weekend. I definitely think my planning and organisation and pre-empting last minute schedule change skills need improvement!

Now, for some zzzzzz's!

Xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment