Sunday 2 June 2013

Day 2 - Monday Monday Monday...

Ok so I mentioned before that I'm LOVING the Michelle Bridges 12wbt (i've just posted a link to my blog on the forums so hopefully some of my fellow 12wbter's will be reading his!). Its the beginning of week 4 and so far I've pretty much stuck to the diet plan like glue.. with the exception of a few weekend treat meals and some birthday bubbly. I really enjoy having all of my meals planned out for me - all I have to do is buy the ingredients and cook them.

The part I'm having trouble with is the exercise... The first few days - week on the program I was ok, until I became sore from the exercise and weak from the significant reduction in calorie intake. I've always considered myself quite an active person - up until Feb when we lost our fur-babies I would walk with them every morning as well as a PT session and a Yoga class most weeks. But this, this is different. These training sessions are INTENSE!!! Michelle Bridges you are one wicked woman!!!
I've lost 2.6kg's on the program as of Wednesday - which was super surprising considering I haven't been putting in anywhere near the level of effort required in the exercise department. I weighed in to the program at 60kg's - I've been slowly loosing weight since I moved out of home in August last year, I was probably around 63-65 kg's but since I finished studying and in complete control of my own diet and portion sizes I've lost 3 - 5kg in the last 8 months, then another 2.6 on the program. I have never been 'fat' as such, but unfortunately muffin tops still look just as unattractive pouring over size 10 jeans, and cellulite strikes at any weight.

I am doing the Intermediate level program and hope to possibly move onto a lean and fit or lean and strong program for next round.

One thing I have to mention is I have a HUUUUUGE red flag coming up in 2 weeks. My boyfriend and are going camping for three weeks, travelling around North West WA. I have been looking forward to this for so long I cant believe its finally just around the corner. But that 3 weeks falls right in the middle of my 12WBT... booo... booo... and more booooo!!!!! I don't think I'll be able to follow the program while I'm away - I dont know how many corner stores in country towns would sell Quinoa.... but I will try to make healthier choices - ie not TOO many Smores (droool...) and we will be very active - swimming, snorkelling, hiking, putting the tent up and down every day so I guess my plan is to stick to the plan like glue for the next 2 weeks, go away - have fun and assess the damage when I get back....
Food

  • Breakfast - Banana Quinoa Porridge. This was pretty tasty, I'm fairly new to Quinoa having only tried it in a couple of recipes on the program but I'd do it again - wouldn't have time to cook the quinoa or grill the banana during the week though so I made double quinoa for when this meal is repeated during the week and will just use fresh banana.
  • Lunch - Satay Egg Corn thins. Meh... I used Rice cakes as i already had them in the pantry. Can't say I was overly impressed, but edible and filling.
  • Snacks -
  • Dinner - Grilled Lamb with Pumpkin and Pinenuts - delish!!!!

Exercise - C25K Run nope, after a bday weekend - today will be my rest day

I think I am going to like blogging... I am a very logical person so hopefully making sense of my thoughts enough to type them out will bring me some clarity!!!! And if it doesn't well I'm sure the internet wont mind one more person rambling on about themselves :)

Xx

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've done really well so far, especially if you're finding the exercise tough! But remember its 80% nutrition, so sticking to the meal plan will have a much bigger impact. And I'm like you - loving having all the meals planned for you. Wait till u try the tomato salsa corn thins, I loved them!! Happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep kicked myself up the butt this week and committed to do a full 6 days now that I'm used to the restricted calories. Haha yes they look amazing!!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete